There are some foods, known as negative calories, that take up way more energy to digest than the amount they deliver in one serving. These foods are a rich source of fibre, water and have a low glycemic index as well.
- Celery is a rich source of undigested fibre, vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate.
- A summer salad essential, cucumber is another risk source of water, vitamin C, dietary fibre, and essential minerals that keep the body hydrated and free from health problems like diabetes.
- Carrot, often linked with vision-related health benefits, contains only 41 calories in 100 grams.
People on a weight loss spree turn to diet fads, workout regimes, and what not. And when trying to lose weight, one of the most factors is achieving a calorie deficit that is, burning more calories than what one consumes in a day. And for this purpose, it is important to eat low-calorie foods – those that do not spike blood sugar levels rapidly or trigger fat accumulation over time. And talk of calories, there are some foods that take up way more energy to digest than the amount they deliver in one serving. These foods are a rich source of fibre, water and have a low glycemic index as well – virtues that make them ideal for patients with type-2 diabetes, metabolic disorders, and obesity.
If you are planning to go on a diet including some negative calorie foods, the following can be part of your routine.
- Celery: This green vegetable is a rich source of undigested fibre, vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate. Celery gives 16 calories in 100 grams serving – most of the calories found in celery are stored in the form of cellulose, making it one of the best negative calorie foods there are. Additionally, 95 per cent of this leafy green is water.
- Berries: Berries are a popular accompaniment for smoothies, oatmeal, fruit chaat, and other preparations. From blueberries to blackberries, raspberries, and many others, these bite-sized treats are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, essential minerals, and lots of water. With just 32 calories in half a cup of mixed berries, these foods are without a doubt some of the healthiest sources of negative calories.
- Cucumber: A summer salad essential, cucumber is another risk source of water, vitamin C, dietary fibre, and essential minerals that keep the body hydrated and free from health problems like diabetes. In a 100-gram serving, cucumber gives only 15 calories. Therefore, this one can be termed a nutritious source of negative calories.
- Zucchini: 18 calories in 100 grams, zucchini is another popular vegetable that dieticians recommend in the negative calories group. With a plethora of phytonutrients and lots of fibre, this one veggie can work wonders in regularising bowel movements and aid water balance as well.
- Carrot: This vegetable, often linked with vision-related health benefits, contains only 41 calories in 100 grams. Rich in manganese, potassium, fibre vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin K, carrots can help fight cholesterol, hypertension, and heart diseases.
Denial of Responsibility! AmazedTimes is an automatic aggregator of different sorts of content and media. In each post, a hyperlink to the original source or content creator is specified. All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective, rightful owners and authors. If you are the owner/author of the content on this page and do not want us to republish it, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any disputed content will be deleted within 24 hours.